Junior Sous Chef - The Murrayfield Hotel
The G1 Group is Scotland’s largest and most diverse hospitality group, with a collection of over 50 venues across Scotland including bars, restaurants, hotels and more.
We are looking for an experienced and talented Junior Sous Chef to join our fantastic venue, The Murrayfield Hotel.
Situated just minutes walk from BT Murrayfield Stadium in the heart of Edinburgh’s West End, The Murrayfield hotel is a unique Scottish hotel and restaurant that has built a reputation for serving the finest modern classics with a twist. This, along with the homely setting and friendly staff make The Murrayfield Hotel the hidden gem of the West End.
As a Junior Sous Chef your role will include:
- Supporting the Head Chef in the day to day management of the kitchen.
- Developing and learning new recipes.
- Running your own section while ensuring daily preparation and presentations standards are met.
- Complying with all health and safety regulations and hygiene legislation.
- You will also be expected to deputise for the Head Chef and Sous Chef in their absence.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Experience in a similar role and a keen interest in pursuing a culinary career.
- The ability to work in a fast paced and high pressured environment.
- Availability to work shifts, including evenings and weekends as per business needs.
In return, we offer a competitive salary and rewards structure, generous company benefits as well as industry leading training and career development opportunities.
- 30% off of food & cinema tickets in all of our venues across Scotland.
- Continued development through our online learning portal and masterclasses in venues.
- Access to courses including Diageo Business of Bars and Modern Apprenticeships.
- TRONC electronic tips – Our staff keep 100% of tips earned in venues.
If you think this is the Junior Sous Chef role for you then apply now and a member of The Murrayfield Hotel team will be in touch.