Mammacita is our new Mexican restaurant and bar in St Andrews and we are looking for an experienced Sous Chef to join the team for this exciting venture!
The venue offers a contemporary take on classic Mexican dishes with inspired frozen margaritas and tequila cocktails. With over 90 covers and an outside area!
- Running the kitchen in the absence of the Head Chef at maximum capacity whilst maintaining food quality standards in a safe working environment.
- Ensure Health & Safety and hygiene policies and procedures are consistently adhered to.
- Ensure accurate completion of Kitchen Cooksafe, weekly stock audit, GP return, daily kitchen tracker and maintenance sheet.
- Assist in achieving high performance standards, adhering to Company policies and procedures.
- Ensure staffing levels on shift are correct and communicate with management daily to minimise labour expenditure.
- Identify innovative ways to exceed customer expectations and deliver outstanding food on every occasion.
- Assist in ensuring target Food GP is achieved and/or exceeded.
- Support Head Chef in reporting financial data accurately and on time.
- Show an understanding and anticipation of customer needs and aspire to exceed them.
- Strive to develop self by maximising Company training facilities.
- Attend Head Chef forum’s in the Head Chef’s absence.
- Develop strong working relationships with colleagues and team, while motivating and leading junior team members.
- Assist Head Chef to recruit, train and coach the kitchen team.
- Communicate and adhere to Company values and directions.
Skills & Experience
- Basic food hygiene.
- NVQ in Professional Cookery and Food Preparation.
- Previous Sous Chef experience is preferred of similar sized concepts.
- Excellent knowledge of all HACCP, COSHH and Health and Safety in the workplace.
- Ability to manage weekly reporting of wages/GP’s/Cash margin in the absence of the Head Chef.
- Excellent coaching skills.
- Ability to identify issues, create/source solutions and make decisions.
- Ability to inspire the kitchen team to deliver high quality food whilst ensuring the team lives up to the Head Chef’s expectation.
In return, we offer a competitive salary and rewards structure, generous company benefits as well as industry leading training and career development opportunities.
- Free Lunch on Shift
- 30% off of food & cinema tickets in all of our venues across Scotland
- Continued development through our online learning portal and masterclasses in venues
- Access to courses including Diageo Business of Bars and Modern Apprentices.
- TRONC electronic tips – Our staff keep 100% of tips earned in venues – The company keeps none