Senior Sous Chef – The Scotsman
We are looking for an experienced and talented Senior Sous Chef to join our fantastic venue, The Scotsman Hotel.
The Scotsman is a luxury hotel which retains many original features, including luxurious floor to ceiling wood panelled rooms, grandiose marble staircase and stained glass windows.
Set across several floors, many of our character bedrooms offer truly unrivalled views of Edinburgh Castle, The Mound, Carlton Hill and The Princes Street Gardens. If you are looking for a host venue for a truly standout event, we have a range of tastefully furnished and finished rooms and suites.
As Senior Sous Chef, your role will include:
- Supporting the Exec Chef in the day to day management of the kitchen
- Being involved in all aspects of the kitchen operation, in addition to menu compilation, developing junior members of the team, and ensuring that all aspects of the operation comply with legislative requirements
- Fully deputise for the Exec Chef in their absence.
The Ideal candidate will have:
- Experience in a similar role and will be looking to progress within a dynamic company that can help you take the next step on the career ladder.
- Strong people and operational management skills and have experience in the industry at a supervisory level.
- Pride in yourself, your work, and your wider team.
In return, we offer a competitive hourly rate and rewards structure, generous company benefits as well as industry leading training and career development opportunities
- 30% off of food & cinema tickets in all of our venues across Scotland.
- Continued development through our online learning portal and masterclasses in venues.
- TRONC electronic tips – Our staff keep 100% of tips earned in venues.
If you think Senior Sous Chef is the role for you then apply now and a member of The Scotsman Hotel will be in touch.
EU Settlement Scheme- We will provide support and guidance with the application process for all relevant EU Citizens