Due to the success of our soft launch, we are now looking for an experienced Senior Sous Chef to join our team at the Grand Cafe at The Scotsman.
If you have a passion for working in a quality restaurant with fresh produce which delivers a great dining experience please read on and Apply Now!
READ ALL ABOUT IT!
Opened July 2018, The Grand Cafe is home to one of Edinburgh’s most magnificent Old Town venues. Set within the Scotsman’s former advertising hall, the spectacular double height space can seat one hundred and fifty covers across its spectacular ground floor and balcony, filled with light, character and beautiful period features.
A fresh, light all day menu will take guests from early breakfasts, brunches and lunches through to afternoon teas and evening dining options – all created by Dundee-born MasterChef: The Professionals finalist Chris Niven, using ingredients sourced from a hand-picked selection of great Scottish producers.
As Senior Sous Chef you will play an important role supporting the Exec Chef in the day to day management of the kitchen. You will be fully involved in all aspects of the kitchen operation, in addition to menu compilation, developing junior members of the team, and ensuring that all aspects of the operation comply with legislative requirements. You will also be expected to fully deputise for the Exec Chef in their absence.
A little about you:
- You will excel in your Chef profession and will be looking to progress within a dynamic company that can help you take the next step on the career ladder.
- You will have strong people and operational management skills and have experience in the industry at a supervisory level.
- Your CV is varied and extensive, and makes for great reading.
- You take pride in yourself, your work, and your wider team.
A little about us:
- We have an excellent reputation for bringing old, listed buildings alive as new and exciting brands.
- We are multiple awards winners from respected bodies like Publican and SLTN, in fields including Operations, Design and Drinks Offers.
- We offer unrivalled training and development journeys.
- When we promise competitive salaries and generous benefits, we mean it.
Want to take the next step? Apply now and we will be in touch to chat through our exciting opportunity for the next step in your chef career!