G1 Group is a collection of over 50 venues. Lots of our venues are housed in grade A & B listed buildings, carefully restored, expanded, refreshed and put to good use. We have restaurants, hotels, nightclubs, bars, cinemas, casinos and more all across Scotland.
We are currently on the lookout for a Senior Commercial Finance Analyst to come and join us in head office.
Within this role you will be reporting to The Head of Commercial Finance and will provide widespread support to the Commercial Finance Team by producing relevant and informative financial analysis of commercial activity, performance and proposals.
- Provide finance support to the G101 Division to drive performance and achieve business targets.
- Develop, improve & embed commercial performance reporting.
- Design and implement governance & controls within the G101 Division.
- Provide insightful analysis to the Directors of G101 to aid commercial decision making.
- Identify and recommend process improvements across the business and work with stakeholders to develop solutions.
- Generate period results for distribution and presentation to the Management Team and G101 Directors.
- Produce the budget and forecasts for the G101 Division.
- Supporting the Head of Commercial Finance in the provision of relevant analysis and financial information – to include detailed analysis, as required, as well as informative summaries of results.
- Responding to queries from the G101 team.
- Being able to develop new reports & processes as thought necessary by the business.
- Mentoring of the Finance Analysts within the Commercial Finance team.
As a confident and personable individual, you will already have experience of working in a commercial environment. You will show willingness to learn and be able to adapt your approach to meet the changing demands of the business.
Skills & Experience:
- Proven experience of working in a finance function at Finance Analyst level, with excellent attention to detail and modelling skills
- Excellent communication skills and able to communicate finance information to non-finance employees
- Application of Financial & Accounting Principles
- Financial Modelling and Analysis – Proficient in Excel
- Able to manage a varied workload and have the ability to prioritize when necessary
- Proactive individual who is eager to learn about the commercial aspects of the business and develop their skill set
- Training towards ICAS/ACCA/CIMA qualifications (exam support available)
The successful candidate will be enthusiastic with excellent communication and organizational skills. In return, we offer a competitive salary, an interesting and varied role, and excellent working conditions.