G1 Group is a collection of over 50 venues. Lots of our venues are housed in grade A & B listed buildings, carefully restored, expanded, refreshed and put to good use. We have restaurants, hotels, nightclubs, bars, cinemas, casinos and more all across Scotland.
We are currently on the lookout for a Senior Commercial Finance Analyst to come and join us in head office on an 18 Month Fixed Term Contract basis. .
Within this role you will be reporting to The Head of Commercial Finance and will provide widespread support to the Commercial Finance Team by producing relevant and informative financial analysis of commercial activity, performance and proposals.
- Provide finance support to the Heads of the Central Departments to drive performance and achieve business targets.
- Develop, improve & embed commercial performance reporting.
- Design and implement governance & controls within the Central Division.
- Provide insightful analysis to the Heads of the Central Departments to aid commercial decision making.
- Identify and recommend process improvements across the business and work with stakeholders to develop solutions.
- Generate period results for distribution and presentation to the Management Team and Central Division teams.
- Produce the budget and forecasts for the Central Division.
- Supporting the Head of Commercial Finance and Commercial Finance Managers in the provision of relevant analysis and financial information – to include detailed analysis, as required, as well as informative summaries of results.
- Work with the Head of Food and Drink to support the tender process for these areas.
- Responding to queries from the Central Division teams.
- Being able to develop new reports & processes as thought necessary by the business
- Assisting in process improvement projects
- Mentoring of the Finance Analysts within the Commercial Finance team.
As a confident and personable individual, you will already have experience of working in a commercial environment. You will show willingness to learn and be able to adapt your approach to meet the changing demands of the business.
Skills & Experience:
- Proven experience of working in a finance function at Finance Analyst level, with excellent attention to detail and modelling skills
- Excellent communication skills and able to communicate finance information to non-finance employees
- Application of Financial & Accounting Principles
- Financial Modelling and Analysis – Proficient in Excel
- Able to manage a varied workload and have the ability to prioritize when necessary
- Proactive individual who is eager to learn about the commercial aspects of the business and develop their skill set
- Training towards ICAS/ACCA/CIMA qualifications.
The successful candidate will be enthusiastic with excellent communication and organisational skills.
In return, we offer an interesting and varied role, a competitive salary and excellent working conditions and company benefits.
Please Apply Now if you have the skills & experience necessary to be successful in our Fixed Term Senior Commercial Finance Analyst role.