Sales Ledger/ Credit Control Assistant- Head Office- Glasgow
G1 Group is a collection of over 50 venues. Lots of our venues are housed in grade A & B listed buildings, carefully restored, expanded, refreshed and put to good use. We have restaurants, hotels, nightclubs, bars, cinemas, casinos and more.
We are currently on the lookout for a Sales Ledger / Credit Control Assistant to join our finance team at our head office in Glasgow’s West End.
The purpose of the role will be to maintain a portfolio of customers from creating the invoices through to cash collection of each customer. Customers include our G1 managed sites - all Bars & Restaurants, Our Property team invoices and Our Host invoices.
Producing high volume of invoices and cash collection from various legal entities timely and accurately
- Creating accounts for customers
- Dealing with invoice queries in an effective and timely manner
- Housekeeping of in-house database
- Ensuring good relations and communications with all members of the Finance team and responding politely and in a timely fashion to internal and external customers
- Allocating payments
- Process & generate reminder letters & monthly statements
- Credit Checking and highlighting any potential risks
- General ledger reconciliations
- Observing & complying with the credit policy and credit risks of our customers
- Collection of cash for portfolio of customers
- Excellent data entry skills – fast and accurate
- Good working knowledge of databases and Microsoft packages
- Exceptionally high standards with meticulous attention to detail
- Highly Organised and a ‘completer-finisher’, with good time management
- A flexible team player with the ability to work proactively
- Excellent communication skills (both written & verbal).
- A self-starter with a positive, enthusiastic ‘can do’ attitude and a down to earth approachable manner.
- A problem solver with the ability to assume responsibility and act on own initiative
- Customer focused
- Ability to work accurately in a busy, demanding environment, whilst adhering to stringent deadlines
- Ability to work in a structured, repetitive role requiring high levels of concentration and stamina
- Reliable, conscientious and dedicated
- Credit control / sales ledger back ground
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Excel & Word essential and preferably SUN & Opera experience would be an advantage.
This role has a competitive starting salary as well as company benefits such as 30% off food in all of our venues as well as discounted hotel stays and cinema tickets.
If you feel like this Sales Ledger / Credit Control Assistant role is what you have been looking for please apply now and we will be in touch as soon as possible.