We are currently on the lookout for a talented Sales and Events Manager to come and join us here in the heart of Edinburgh.
The Scotsman Hotel is a luxury hotel which retains many original features, including luxurious floor to ceiling wood panelled rooms, grandiose marble staircase and stained glass windows.
Alongside the hotel, the former Northbridge Brasserie, is now set to be transformed. Our new dining & drinking offer will combine the timeless elegance & energy of a bustling brasserie, with the razor sharp service style and show stopper surroundings of a cutting edge contemporary concept.
This role will require a hands-on approach as the successful candidate will be responsible for overseeing and managing all sales and events within the hotel and brasserie. The ideal candidate will have previously worked within a similar role and they should have excellent communication and team working skills.
Responsibilities to include:
- Leading and Managing all sales and events for the Hotel and Brasserie while creating a culture of sales across the venues
- Developing new business opportunities
- Promoting multiple aspects of the venue
- Creating Sales Packages to maximise revenue
- Conducting research to identify new markets
- Building & maintaining strong relationships with the General Manager to improve productivity, effectiveness, and the customer experience
- Holding meetings and conducting show rounds of the venues with potential clients
- Working to meet targets while maintaining high standards and driving high levels of productivity
- To assist the wider sales team in converting provisional bookings
- Represent and promote the Hotel and Brasserie at networking events
- Manage accounts for new and existing clients
- Manage the social media strategy
- Must be an enthusiastic, dedicated and hardworking individual
- Have proactive selling experience within the hospitality sector
- Have strong IT and administrative skills
- Have entrepreneurial flair and a talent for seeing a sales opportunity where others cannot
- Have experience in running and managing a broad portfolio of events
- Have a methodical and meticulous approach to their work
- Be a great communicator with a passion for what they do
- Be confident in people management with experience of leading a team
- Have a proven track record in a Sales & Marketing role
- Experience working within a hotel and food & beverage environment is desirable.
In return for the above, we can offer a competitive salary and bonus scheme, generous company benefits and industry leading training and development opportunities.