Sales & Events Manager - The Ghillie Dhu - Edinburgh
G1 Group owns over 50 venues throughout Scotland, ranging from restaurants, bars, clubs, cinemas, casinos and hotels. With venues in Glasgow, Edinburgh, Aberdeen, Dundee, Perth and St Andrews, G1 Group continues to be the number one independent leisure operator in Scotland.
We are looking for a friendly, self - motivated and creative individual who can drive Corporate, Wedding and Events sales in our well known and loved venue, The Ghillie Dhu.
We would require the individual to proactively seek new sales leads as well as retaining existing clients. Candidates must be organized and to be able to work independently and within a team.
Responsibilities to include -
- Manage the co-ordination and delivery of weddings and events up to and including the day of the wedding/event
- Meeting potential and current customers and ensuring the planning of their wedding or event is executed professional and accurately
- Promoting multiple aspects of the venue
- Oversee all online and telephone enquiries in a timely and proactive manner
- Generating leads from cold calling, networking and sales leads
- Managing and creating promotional activity across the venue
- Managing an effective and systematic approach to social media
- Assisting with writing and editing copy for our website, blog and customer emails
- Providing front-line customer support and interaction across channels
- Working with a team of sales and events coordinators based at our call center to deliver excellent levels of customer service and well planned and executed events and functions
- Ordering, proofing and having creative input to printed material and online material
The Person -
- Must be an enthusiastic, dedicated and hardworking individual
- Have proactive selling experience within the hospitality sector
- Have entrepreneurial flair and a talent for seeing a sales opportunity where others cannot
- Have experience in running and managing a broad portfolio of events
- Have a methodical and meticulous approach to their work
- Be a great communicator with a passion for what they do
- Be confident in people management with experience of leading a team
- Have a proven track record in a Sales & Marketing role within the hospitality industry
In return for the above, we can offer a competitive salary, generous company benefits and industry leading training and development opportunities.
If this Sales & Events Manager role sounds like the perfect opportunity for you please apply now!