READ ALL ABOUT IT!
We are on the lookout for a Restaurant Manager here in the heart of Edinburgh
Start a new story...
The Wordsmith is the start of a new chapter within the iconic & historic Scotsman building situated on Northbridge. Opening early Summer 2018, our new restaurant and bar will pay homage to the hustle and bustle of the former advertising room, where journalists, editors and quick witted wordsmiths would rub shoulders.
Just as The Wordsmith straddles both the Old & New Towns of Edinburgh; our new dining & drinking experience will combine the timeless elegance of the past with the energy of a bustling brasserie.
As a member of The Wordsmith team, you will become the benchmark, the furthest thing from ordinary. We are looking for passionate, fun, dynamic personalities who want to realise a shared dream.
A little about the role of Restaurant Manager:
As a Restaurant Manager you will be a vital member of the management team. You will be responsible for managing the smooth and efficient operation of the restaurant while ensuring a first class customer experience.
You will be challenged with supporting sales growth, the control of costs, achievement of margins, and also ensuring staff training is delivered to guarantee quality food, great service and impeccable standards.
During the absence of senior management, Restaurant Managers may be required to assume accountability for specific shifts, therefore you will be willing to accept this responsibility and not be averse to making decisions.
As well as this, you'll ensure your team are trained to consistently deliver Scotsman standards, ensure compliance with statutory regulations and to work closely with the Chef team in providing consistent, high quality of food.
A little about you:
- You will excel in your field as a Restaurant Manager or be an experienced Restaurant Supervisor looking to take the next step on the career ladder
- Your CV is varied and extensive, and makes for great reading
- You have relevant qualifications and/or training
- You take pride in yourself, your work, and your wider team
A little about us:
- We have an excellent reputation for bringing old, listed buildings alive as new and exciting brands
- We are multiple awards winners from respected bodies like Publican and SLTN, in fields including Operations, Design and Drinks Offer
- We offer unrivalled training and development journeys
- When we promise competitive salaries and generous benefits, we mean it.
Want to take the next step? Apply now and we will be in touch to chat through our exciting opportunity as Restaurant Manager!