G1 Group is a collection of over 50 venues. Lots of our venues are housed in grade A & B listed buildings, carefully restored, expanded, refreshed and put to good use. We have restaurants, hotels, nightclubs, bars, cinemas, casinos and more.
The Scotsman of today is a luxury hotel which retains many original features, including luxurious floor to ceiling wood paneled rooms, grandiose marble staircase and stained-glass windows.
Set across several floors, many of our character bedrooms offer truly unrivalled views of Edinburgh Castle, The Mound, Carlton Hill and The Princes Street Gardens. If you are looking for a host venue for a truly standout event, we have a range of tastefully furnished and finished rooms and suites.
Although our hotel is steeped in history and known for its classically luxe feel, we reflect the dynamic and forward-thinking city in which we operate, so you can expect an extensive list of offbeat signature amenities, such as our wee nip of Whisky on arrival to perk you up, specially selected White Company toiletries, personally chosen reading recommendations, a lazy breakfast in bed (just say the word) and a whole lot more.
What we stand for
Our values aren't rules or guidelines the people who work for us need to stick to, they are the catalyst for an unwritten work ethic. The values never change, so no matter where you work or what you do, pin these up in your head and glance at them often!
At the heart of all we do we must put our customers’ needs first.
- To be familiar with the day’s bookings, including arrivals, departures, special requests etc.
- Have a thorough understanding of all requirements when checking in and/or checking a guest out, while following G1 Guest Journey requirements
- To offer guest services such as a wake- up call, newspaper, assistance with luggage etc upon check in.
- Communicate hotel services to guests ie. Opening & Closing times, and Food & Beverage availability/options.
- Advise of hotel amenities eg. bar, dinner, room service etc.
- Proceed new bookings and reservation updates.
- Handle all guest enquiries and complaints in a professional manner.
- Ensure all cash, charges, float and till procedures are correct and in accordance with company policy.
- Contact necessary staff to solve problems when challenges arise, ensuring guest comfort
Skills & Experience
- Ability to work as a part of a team.
- Have a great "can do" approach to customer service.
- Have a friendly approach to everyone who you come in contact with.
- Good verbal and written communication.
- Strong working knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite and Opera is desirable
- Fluent in English
- Wide knowledge of Scottish tourism and attractions.
- Highly organized, able to multitask and prioritize and work under pressure