The Scotsman of today is a luxury hotel which retains many original features, including luxurious floor to ceiling wood paneled rooms, grandiose marble staircase and stained-glass windows.
Set across several floors, many of our character bedrooms offer truly unrivalled views of Edinburgh Castle, The Mound, Carlton Hill and The Princes Street Gardens. If you are looking for a host venue for a truly standout event, we have a range of tastefully furnished and finished rooms and suites.
Although our hotel is steeped in history and known for its classically luxury feel, we reflect the dynamic and forward-thinking city in which we operate, so you can expect an extensive list of offbeat signature amenities, such as our wee nip of Whisky on arrival to perk you up, specially selected White Company toiletries, personally chosen reading recommendations, a lazy breakfast in bed (just say the word) and a whole lot more.
- To give every guest and customer the warmest of Scotsman Welcomes when they enter the hotel for every guest every time
- Assist were required guest with luggage on arrival and departure
- To be familiar with the day’s bookings, including arrivals, departures, special requests etc.
- Have a thorough understanding of all requirements when checking in and/or checking a guest out, while following G1 Guest Journey requirements
- To offer guest services such as a wake- up call, newspaper, assistance with luggage etc upon check in.
- Communicate hotel services to guests ie. Opening & Closing times, and Food & Beverage availability/options.
- Advise of hotel amenities eg. bar, dinner, room service etc.
- Handle all guest enquiries and complaints in a professional manner.
- Contact necessary staff to solve problems when challenges arise, ensuring guest comfort
Skills & Experience
- Ability to work as a part of a team.
- Have a great "can do" approach to customer service.
- Have a friendly approach to everyone who you come in contact with.
- Good verbal and written communication.
- Fluent in English
- Wide knowledge of Scottish tourism and attractions.
- Highly organized, able to multitask and prioritize and work under pressure