G1 Group Plc is unquestionably the most dynamic and forward thinking
bar, restaurant, hotel, cinema and nightclub group in Scotland.
Established over a decade ago, it is one of the fastest growing,
independently operated leisure groups in the UK, currently operating 50+
venues across Scotland.
We are seeking an enthusiastic PHP Developer for a wide variety of internal projects including: bespoke complex CMS solutions, booking engines, multimedia sites, APIs for content syndication and web applications. The selected Developer will work in a fast paced continuous deployment environment and have a "can do" attitude.
- Participating in a team-oriented environment to develop new web-based applications
- Balancing a variety of concurrent projects while meeting deadlines
- Demonstrating attention to detail while implementing technical specifications
- Proven hands on experience working in a LAMP environment
- Ability to define and communicate a technical vision, possessing excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Detailed knowledge of object oriented programming concepts and application design and the ability to apply them to PHP projects
- Experience working with MVC web frameworks
- Experience with version control systems (GIT preferred)
- Knowledge of SQL and relational database design and optimization
- Comfortable using Linux / Unix command line
- Able to write valid, semantic HTML / CSS
- Willingness to learn new skills, frameworks, and programming languages as necessary
- Technical problem-solving skills, ability to succeed in a fast-moving high-demand environment
· Linux server and database admin, Ajax/Jquery
In return for the above, we offer a competitive salary, generous company benefits package, an attractive workspace and the opportunity to work with a range of brands that are sure to challenge and inspire.