Pastry Chef – Grand Cafe & The Scotsman Hotel
The Grand Cafe Edinburgh is located on North Bridge and housed within the iconic Scotsman Hotel building. Open every day from 10 am until late, the all-day cafe style menu includes dishes served all the way through until 10 pm, as well as beautifully crafted afternoon teas. In the evenings, live music from pianists and jazz bands takes patrons through to the wee hours.
We are looking for a talented Pastry Chef to join our Grand Cafe family.
A little about the role of Pastry Chef:
This role of Pastry Chef will involve developing and learning new creations of pastry, cakes, breads and more, daily preparation and presentation of food and ensuring the kitchen is kept hygienically clean, in accordance with Health & Safety and Food Hygiene legislation.
You will be technically strong with good communication skills, and have the ability to run your own section. You will also be required to ensure service, production and legislative standards are maintained and that these standards are communicated and trained to new employees.
It is essential that you have experience in a high volume kitchen environment and are able to work well within a team and provide efficient support to the Head Chef with other aspects in the kitchen.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Experience in a similar Pastry Chef role.
- Great leadership skills and enjoy working as part of a team in a fast paced kitchen.
- A strong commercial awareness.
- Availability to work shifts, including evenings and weekends as per business needs.
In return, we offer a competitive salary and rewards structure, generous company benefits as well as industry leading training and career development opportunities.
- 30% off of food & cinema tickets in all of our venues across Scotland.
- Continued development through our online learning portal and masterclasses in venues.
- Access to courses including Diageo Business of Bars and Modern Apprenticeships.
- TRONC electronic tips – Our staff keep 100% of tips earned in venues.
If you are a Pastry Chef who is passionate and dedicated to providing the high standards of service expected of this well-known establishment, then apply now and a member of the Grand Cafe team will be in touch.