Part Time Reservations Agent – 12 month FTC – Central Edinburgh Office
Market leading Independent Scottish hospitality company is looking for an experienced and dynamic Part Time Reservation Agent to join their team for a 12 month fixed term contract.
G1 Group is a collection of over 50 venues. Lots of our venues are housed in grade A & B listed buildings, carefully restored, expanded, refreshed and put to good use. We have restaurants, hotels, nightclubs, bars, cinemas, casinos and more.
We are currently on the lookout for a Reservations Agent to join us in our central Edinburgh team based within The Scotsman Hotel for a period of 1 year to cover Maternity Leave. This role will be offered on a part time basis of 22.5 hours per week (worked Monday, Tuesday & Wednesday).
As a Reservations Agent within our team, you will be responsible for assisting with hotel reservations and enquiries for individuals and groups, call handling, maximising on cross selling opportunities and day to day administration in a fast paced environment. We are looking for an individual with personality, someone with a focus to driving potential sales & events opportunities across several key sites.
As a Reservations Agent, your role will include:
- Call handling of inbound and outbound calls
- Administrative assistance for all hotel reservation enquires
- Handling large group bookings as well as individual enquires
- Payment/Deposit handling
- Building & maintaining strong relationships with the venue management and Head Office sales and marketing teams
- Working as part of a team to deliver excellent levels of customer service and well-planned functions
- Ad hoc hotel reception relief cover
The ideal candidate will be:
- Enthusiastic, dedicated and hardworking individual
- Able to multi-task, and work well within a team as well as individually
- Computer Literate, Knowledge of MS Office. Good knowledge of Word and Excel
- Have entrepreneurial flair and a talent for seeing a sales opportunity where others cannot
- Have a methodical and meticulous approach to their work
- A great communicator with a passion for what they do
- Opera experience would be preferred but is not essential
Previous experience is desired, though not essential. This position is on a part time basis of 22.5 hours with fixed days of Monday, Tuesday & Wednesday.
If you think this is the role for you then please apply now and a member of our team will be in touch.