Part Time Night Porter – Scotsman hotel
We are looking for a Part Time Night Porter to join our team!
The Scotsman is a luxury hotel which retains many original features, including luxurious floor to ceiling wood panelled rooms, grandiose marble staircase and stained glass windows. Set across several floors, many of our character bedrooms offer truly unrivalled views of Edinburgh Castle, The Mound, Carlton Hill and The Princes Street Gardens.
The ideal Night Porter will be passionate about delivering exceptional levels of customer service, ensuring all health and safety and hotel standards are adhered to and have the drive, determination and commitment to make things happen.
The role will include Reception duties such as checking in guests, ensuring wake up calls are delivered on time and checking out and guests departing before 7am. As this is a customer facing role your friendly and engaging personality will immediately reassure our guests that they’re in safe hands. You’ll make lasting impressions, taking every possible opportunity to talk to our guests, share our story and enhance their experience.
Maintaining high levels of cleanliness and uniformity throughout the hotel is an important aspect of the role as we run a 24 hours per day business.
The ideal candidate will have:
- The ability to work well independently and multi-task.
- A friendly character and can-do attitude.
- Experience in a similar role or a keen interest in pursuing a hospitality career.
- The ability to work in a fast paced and high pressured environment.
In return, we offer a competitive salary and rewards structure, generous company benefits as well as industry leading training and career development opportunities.
- 30% off of food & cinema tickets in all of our venues across Scotland.
- Continued development through our online learning portal and masterclasses in venues.
- TRONC electronic tips – Our staff keep 100% of tips earned in venues.
If you think this is the role for you then apply now and a member of The Scotsman Management Team will be in touch.