· To be able to cook to a high standard and to follow all specifications set out by the Company whilst following all HACCP procedures.
· To form an integral part of a highly motivated kitchen team. · Ability to set excellent food and hygiene standards within the team.
· Follow instructions from senior members of the team to ensure competent running of any section.
· Maintain excellent hygiene standards that are set out by the company.
· Assist in the accurate completion of Kitchen Cooksafe and ensure it is completed for your area of responsibility.
· Clean down the section ensuring everything is placed in appropriate containers, covered properly, labelled and stored correctly. · Maintain high a standard of cleaning when finishing at any section.
· Ensure all equipment in the section is pulled out and cleaned according to Company policies and 2 procedures.
· Assisting other staff with the clean down at the end of the night and only leaving the kitchen when the whole team has finished and hygiene standards have been met.
· Ensure any complaints or accidents are reported in line with Company Policy. Skills & Experience
· Basic food hygiene.
· NVQ in Professional Cookery and Food Preparation is desirable.
· Previous Chef De Partie or Commis experience is preferred of similar sized concepts.
· Understanding of all HACCP, COSHH and Health and Safety in the workplace.
· Ability to follow and cook to a specification.
· Ability to identify issues, create/source solutions and make decisions.