The Scotsman of today is a luxury hotel which retains many original features, including luxurious floor to ceiling wood paneled rooms, grandiose marble staircase and stained-glass windows.
Set across several floors, many of our character bedrooms offer truly unrivalled views of Edinburgh Castle, The Mound, Carlton Hill and The Princes Street Gardens. If you are looking for a host venue for a truly standout event, we have a range of tastefully furnished and finished rooms and suites.
Although our hotel is steeped in history and known for its classically luxe feel, we reflect the dynamic and forward-thinking city in which we operate, so you can expect an extensive list of offbeat signature amenities, such as our wee nip of Whisky on arrival to perk you up, specially selected White Company toiletries, personally chosen reading recommendations, a lazy breakfast in bed (just say the word) and a whole lot more.
Job Title: Night Team Receptionist
Department: Front of House
Job Role: The role of the Night Team Receptionist is to ensure that all guests are treated to the required standard and service expected of us. They will assist with check-in and out of guests, guest requests, banking and billing of customers as well as the security of the hotel throughout the night shift.
Experience required: Previous Front of House experience is desirable
- Check in and check out of guest’s as required.
- Ensure all guest’s alarm calls, taxi requests etc are actioned
- Carry out floor walks of the hotel and check faire safety of building
- Make and deliver night room service to hotel guests
- Ensure a clear and detailed handover is given to the Early shift of receptionists and porters
- Order all newspapers for guest’s and ensure correct delivery to rooms
- Maintain float and ensure all paid outs have petty cash dockets attached with reasons and correct level of authorization
- Balance end of shift and submit to manager on duty to check and sign
- Carry out other tasks as required of the night receptionist function within the hotel
- Reporting to: Front of house manager and Night Team Manager
- Hours: Full time 40 hours as business requires