The G1 Group is Scotland’s largest and most diverse hospitality group, with a collection of over 50 venues across Scotland including bars, restaurants, hotels and more.
We are looking for a talented Junior Sous Chef to join our fantastic venue, The Murrayfield Hotel.
The Murrayfield Hotel and House is located in Edinburgh City Centre with ample, free parking and is the perfect destination for business, leisure or family occasions. The Murrayfield Hotel combines fantastic hospitality, outstanding value for money and serves as a perfect base from which to explore the historical Edinburgh City Centre. Located just a couple of minutes away from Edinburgh Zoo’s (and its giant pandas), the national Murrayfield Stadium which frequently plays host to major live sporting events, as well as music concerts and Haymarket Train Station.
As a Junior Sous Chef your role will include:
- Supporting the Head Chef & Sous Chef in the day to day management of the kitchen.
- Developing and learning new recipes.
- Running your own section while ensuring daily preparation and presentations standards are met.
- Complying with all health and safety regulations and hygiene legislation.
- You will also be expected to deputise for the Head Chef and Sous Chef in their absence.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Experience in a similar role and a keen interest in pursuing a culinary career.
- The ability to work in a fast paced and high-pressured environment.
- Availability to work shifts, including evenings and weekends as per business needs.
In return, we offer a competitive salary and rewards structure, generous company benefits as well as industry leading training and career development opportunities.
- 30% off of food & cinema tickets in all of our venues across Scotland.
- Continued development through our online learning portal and masterclasses in venues.
- Access to courses including Diageo Business of Bars and Modern Apprenticeships.
- TRONC electronic tips – Our staff keep 100% of tips earned in venues.
If you think this is the Junior Sous Chef role for you then apply now and a member of the team will be in touch.