The Scotsman is a luxury hotel which retains many original features, including luxurious floor to ceiling wood panelled rooms, grandiose marble staircase and stained glass windows.
Set across several floors, many of our character bedrooms offer truly unrivalled views of Edinburgh Castle, The Mound, Carlton Hill and The Princes Street Gardens.
Here at The Scotsman we are currently looking for an experienced Housekeeping Supervisor.
- Ensuring that in-house standards of cleanliness and hygiene are maintained at a high level, both in guest bedrooms and public areas.
- Responsible for ensuring that they have a comprehensive induction, and that they have regular on going training.
- Train and motivate the housekeeping team
- Ensure hygiene and safety standard are met within the venue at all times
- To hold regular performance reviews with all housekeeping staff, identifying areas for development and training needs.
- Manage any customer requests/complaints.
Skills & Experience
- Great attention to detail.
- Excellent customer service skills, to anticipate and deliver customer needs.
- Previous supervisory experience desirable.
- Good communication skills
- Ability to coach/motivate.
You will be required to be flexible and available for weekend work as necessary, have excellent time keeping skills, able to work in a very fast paced environment with good understanding of time limits per room for check outs and stay overs.
A fully paid induction into the role will be given; you will also be expected to attend on-going training as required.
You will enjoy working with others, have a great "can do" approach to customer service and importantly have a friendly approach to everyone who you come in contact with.
This is a permanent position with career progression opportunities for the future.
If this sounds like the Housekeeping supervisory role you have been searching for please Apply Now.