G1 Group is a collection of over 50 venues. Lots of our venues are housed in grade A & B listed buildings, carefully restored, expanded, refreshed and put to good use. We have restaurants, hotels, nightclubs, bars, cinemas, casinos and more.
The Scotsman of today is a luxury hotel which retains many original features, including luxurious floor to ceiling wood paneled rooms, grandiose marble staircase and stained-glass windows.
Set across several floors, many of our character bedrooms offer truly unrivalled views of Edinburgh Castle, The Mound, Carlton Hill and The Princes Street Gardens. If you are looking for a host venue for a truly standout event, we have a range of tastefully furnished and finished rooms and suites.
Although our hotel is steeped in history and known for its classically luxury feel, we reflect the dynamic and forward-thinking city in which we operate, so you can expect an extensive list of offbeat signature amenities, such as our wee nip of Whisky on arrival to perk you up, specially selected White Company toiletries, personally chosen reading recommendations, a lazy breakfast in bed (just say the word) and a whole lot more.
What we stand for
Our values aren't rules or guidelines the people who work for us need to stick to, they are the catalyst for an unwritten work ethic. The values never change, so no matter where you work or what you do, pin these up in your head and glance at them often!
At the heart of all we do we must put our customers’ needs first.
Duty Manager duties will include:
- Understand the group Vision & Values as part the on-going team development.
- To assist in all departments of the hotel as required, with particular focus on Front of House operations.
- To ensure Hotel standards are met in all departments
- To deal with customer complaints correctly and as efficiently as possible
- Controlling the allocation of guest bedrooms
- Supporting the Front Office Team enabling them to meet all guest requirements effectively
If this sounds like the challenge you have been looking for then please apply today.