This role will be based in Edinburgh and salary is dependent on experience with bonus scheme
G1 Group is Scotland’s largest and most diversified hospitality group. Our hotel division has a collection of 6 unique hotels, all with something different to offer and is a growing division within the company.
We are currently seeking an outgoing and enthusiastic Head of Room Sales to join our hotel division. The Head of Sales must be proactive and self motivated with sales opportunities, assist in leading day to day activities related to bedroom sales with a focus on building long term, value based customer relationships that enable achievement of sales objectives.
Responsibilities to include:
- Plan, coordinate and conduct sales activity for the hotels to maximise sales across all market segments
- Market observation and identification of new sales leads
- Developing new business opportunities
- Conducting research to identify new markets
- Conducting show rounds of the hotels with potential and existing clients
- Working to meet targets while maintaining high standards and driving high levels of productivity
- Represent and promote the Hotel at internal and external networking events
- Manage accounts for new and existing clients
- Manage and deliver the social media strategy
- Ensuring all possible hotel in-house business leads are converted
- Driving direct bookings
- Must be an enthusiastic, dedicated and hardworking individual
- Have proactive selling experience within the hospitality sector
- Have strong IT, social media and administrative skills
- Have entrepreneurial flair and a talent for seeing a sales opportunity where others cannot
- Have a methodical and meticulous approach to their work
- Be a great communicator with a passion for what they do
- Be confident in people management with experience of leading a team
- Have a proven track record in a Sales & Marketing role with strong hotel experience
In return for the above, we will offer a competitive salary and bonus scheme, generous company benefits and industry leading training and development opportunities.