The Hyndland Fox are currently seeking an experienced Head Chef to join their team in Glasgow’s West End.
Our site at Clarence Drive has been providing the people of Hyndland with artisan food and drink since 1982, now 32 years later we’re carrying on the tradition with eggs poached to bursting point, big bowl salads, sharing platters and an extensive drinks list.
- Set excellent food and hygiene standards within the team.
- Running the kitchen at maximum capacity whilst maintaining food quality standards in a safe working environment.
- Required to be able to cook and deliver a multitude of different styles of cooking and train these into their teams.
- Aid in menu development and spec building in line with all HACCP regulations adhered to.
- Ensure Health & Safety and hygiene policies and procedures are in place and consistently adhered to.
- Ensure accurate completion of Kitchen Cooksafe, Weekly Stock Audit, GP Return and Maintenance sheet as per Company standard.
- Set high performance standards, adhering to Company policies and procedures.
- To ensure target Food GP is achieved and/or exceeded.
- Report all financial data accurately and on time.
- Communicate all financial targets to kitchen team.
- Plan staffing levels according to peak trading times while adhering to budget.
- Makes competent decisions and solves problems.
- Attend and participate in Head Chef Forums.
- Identify and implement innovative ways to exceed customer expectations and deliver outstanding food on every occasion.
- To understand and anticipate customer needs, aspiring to exceed them.
- Strive to develop self by maximising Company training facilities.
- Develop strong working relationships with colleagues and team, while motivating, leading, and rewarding performance excellence.
- Recruit, train, coach, develop and performance manage the kitchen team.
- Communicate and adhere to Company values and directions.
- To keep up to date with professional & technical culinary developments putting forward creative ideas to benefit the business.
- Use the food retail calendar to communicate and proactively plan key events.
Skills & Experience
- Intermediate food hygiene.
- NVQ in Professional Cookery and Food Preparation.
- Previous Head Chef experience is preferred of similar sized concepts.
- Excellent knowledge of all HACCP, COSHH and Health and Safety in the workplace.
- Ability to develop menus following a brief for multiple food styles.
- Ability to manage weekly reporting of wages/GP’s/Cash margin.
- Excellent coaching skills.
- Ability to identify issues, create/source solutions and make decisions.
Experience of menu development is desirable.