Salary is £28,000 to £36,500*
At Bookclub, our aim is pretty simple: good honest food at good honest prices. We are looking for a talented chef with a passion for home cooked, hearty food to lead our team forward.
As Head Chef, your role will include:
- Overall responsibility for managing all aspects of the kitchen environment.
- To ensure great attention to detail for the menu specs provided.
- Compliance with legislation, food production, stock control and staff training.
- Involvement in menu compilation.
- Having sole responsibility for kitchen costs, you will also be responsible for ensuring that the menu produced generates the required Gross Profit margin for the business.
The ideal candidate will have:
- You will excel in your Chef profession and will be looking to progress within a dynamic company that can help you take the next step on the career ladder.
- The ability to work in a fast paced and high pressured environment.
- You will have strong people and operational management skills and have experience in the industry at a supervisory level.
- You take pride in yourself, your work, and your wider team.
In return, we offer a competitive salary and rewards structure with bonus potential up to 30%, generous company benefits as well as industry leading training and career development opportunities.
*Including tip and bonus
- TRONC electronic tips – Our staff keep 100% of tips earned in venues.
- 30% off of food & cinema tickets in all of our venues across Scotland.
- Continued development through our online learning portal and masterclasses in venues.
If you think this is the Head Chef role for you then apply now and a member of the Hillhead Bookclub team will be in touch.
EU Settlement Scheme- We will provide support and guidance with the application process for all relevant EU Citizens