General Manager of the Grand Café at The Scotsman Hotel – Edinburgh
G1 Group have an exciting opportunity for an experienced and talented General Manager to join our fantastic busy city centre restaurant the Grand Café at The Scotsman Hotel.
The Grand Café is a high volume 150 seat restaurant with an additional function space of up to 200 covers and is part of the stunning Scotsman Hotel property.
Reporting directly to the Hotel General Manager, your role will include:
- Running the business with the passion as though it was your own business whilst engaging with central support functions, internal & external stakeholders and local suppliers.
- Supporting sales growth
- Drive Revenues and control costs to maximise conversion
- A strong focus on customer service aiming to exceed guest expectations at all times and in all interactions
- Lead from the front and build a strong team, looking to create succession planning within the venue
The ideal candidate will have:
- Experience in a similar role.
- Great leadership skills and enjoy working as part of a team in a social environment.
- The ability to communicate at all levels
- A strong commercial awareness
- Availability to work shifts, including evenings and weekends as per business needs.
In return, we offer a competitive salary and rewards structure, generous company benefits as well as industry leading training and career development opportunities
- 30% off of food & cinema tickets in all of our venues across Scotland.
- Up to 30% bonus with an additional stretch bonus of up to a years’ salary
- Continued development through our online learning portal and masterclasses in venues.
- TRONC electronic tips – Our staff keep 100% of tips earned in venues.
If you think the General Manager of the Grand Café at The Scotsman Hotel is the role for you then apply now and a member of the team will be in touch.