The G1 Group is Scotland’s largest and most diverse hospitality group, with a collection of over 50 venues across Scotland including bars, restaurants, hotels and more. We are looking for an experienced and talented Functions and Events Manager (Ops) to join our fantastic venue, the Ghillie Dhu.
As an Events Manager your role will include:
• Pre-event communication and planning with the Event Sales Team. Planning and communication with delegates/customers and suppliers as necessary.
• Direct and manage all activity related to the event, ensuring all service standards are followed.
• Oversee staff schedules/rotas to ensure all events run smoothly.
• Working in collaboration with the Events Sales Manager ensuring the smooth running of events and their hand over.
• Deliver events operationaly, within budget limitations which meet and exceed customer expectations.
• Manage and lead the team during the event, ensuring all staff are fully aware of the itinerary, menus, beverages and customer expectations for the function.
• Maximisation of the profitability of individual events by creating and tracking budgets for each event, in agreement with the Hospitality Manager.
• Great leadership skills and enjoy working as part of a team in a social environment.
• Availability to work shifts, including evenings and weekends as per business needs.
The ideal candidate will have:
• Minimum 2 years of Experience in a similar role.
• Proven track record in delivering high quality, successful events.
• Previous leadership experience within a similar role required. Ability to manage a team and motivate them to produce excellent work.
• Strong interpersonal and problem solving skills.
• Highly customer focused with an acute attention to detail.
• Highly customer service-orientated, energetic and delivery focused.
• Collaborative, co-operative and able to make and sustain positive relationships with colleagues at management and other levels.
In return, we offer a competitive salary and rewards structure, generous company benefits as well as industry leading training and career development opportunities.
• Quarterly Bonus Scheme.
• 30% off of food & cinema tickets in all of our venues across Scotland.
• Continued development through our online learning portal and masterclasses in venues.
• Access to courses including Diageo Business of Bars and Modern Apprenticeships.
• TRONC electronic tips – Our staff keep 100% of tips earned in venues.
If you think this is the role for you then apply now and a member of the Ghillie Dhu team will be in touch.