About Us G1 Group is a collection of over 50 venues. Lots of our venues are housed in grade A & B listed buildings, carefully restored, expanded, refreshed and put to good use. We have restaurants, hotels, nightclubs, bars, cinemas, casinos and more. One thing all our places have in common is our people- they work hard, often behind the scenes, and they are the best at what they do. They are a wildly eclectic bunch, from the architect who makes the drawings come to life, to the domestic staff who make our hotel rooms feel like home. We are always growing and on the lookout for fresh talent, so if you've got it, bring it. What we stand for Our values aren't rules or guidelines the people who work for us need to stick to, they are the catalyst for an unwritten work ethic. The values never change, so no matter where you work or what you do, pin these up in your head and glance at them often! At the heart of all we do we must put our customers’ needs first.
Role and responsibilities:
- To form an integral part of a highly motivated team.
- To provide efficient, clean and organised wash up cycle of crockery, cutlery and other good in the wash up areas.
- To ensure that the kitchen is kept clean and tidy, pots and pans cleaned, maintained and ready for chef use at all times.
- To provide a a safe working environment in the kitchen, wash up and back of house areas.
- Manage stores and ensure that food is rotated following FIFO procedure.
- Maintain the kitchen cleanliness in accordance with food hygiene regulations using correct chemicals on correct surfaces and appliances.
- Ensure bin area is kept neat, clean and tidy.
- Clean down kitchen at end of night, including emptying and cleaning the bins and maintaining the dishwasher.
- Any other reasonable task asked by a member of management.
- Cleaning as per daily and weekly cleaning schedule.
Skills & experience:
- Knowledge of all HACCP, COSHH and health and safety in the workplace.
- An interest in obtaining a NVQ in professional cookery and food preparation.
- To have a "can do" attitude and put customer's needs first.
- Previous kitchen porter experience of similar sized concepts preferred.