The G1 Group is Scotland’s largest and most diverse hospitality group, with a collection of over 50 venues across Scotland including bars, restaurants, hotels and more.
We are looking for an experienced and talented Sous Chef to join our fantastic venue, Forgan’s.
Located in the heart of St Andrews, Forgan’s is a modern restaurant with a traditional Scottish heart. The Forgan’s team are passionate about providing tasty seasonal food, a tipple or two from their vast Scottish gin collection and throwing the best ceilidhs in the area
At the heart of all we do we must put our customers’ needs first.
- Running the kitchen in the absence of the Head Chef at maximum capacity whilst maintaining food quality standards in a safe working environment.
- Ability to set excellent food and hygiene standards within the team.
- Ensure Health & Safety and hygiene policies and procedures are consistently adhered to
- Ensure accurate completion of Kitchen Cooksafe, weekly stock audit, GP return, daily kitchen tracker and maintenance sheet.
- Assist in achieving high performance standards, adhering to Company policies and procedures.
- Ensure staffing levels on shift are correct and communicate with management daily to minimise labour expenditure.
- Makes competent decisions and solves problems.
- Identify innovative ways to exceed customer expectations and deliver outstanding food on every occasion. 2
- Assist in ensuring target Food GP is achieved and/or exceeded.
- Support Head Chef in reporting financial data accurately and on time.
- Show an understanding and anticipation of customer needs and aspire to exceed them.
- Strive to develop self by maximising Company training facilities.
- Attend Head Chef forum’s in the Head Chef’s absence.
- Develop strong working relationships with colleagues and team, while motivating and leading junior team members.
- Assist Head Chef to recruit, train and coach the kitchen team.
- Communicate and adhere to Company values and directions.
Skills & Experience
- Basic food hygiene.
- NVQ in Professional Cookery and Food Preparation.
- Previous Sous Chef experience is preferred of similar sized concepts.
- Excellent knowledge of all HACCP, COSHH and Health and Safety in the workplace.
- Ability to manage weekly reporting of wages/GP’s/Cash margin in the absence of the Head Chef.
- Excellent coaching skills.
- Ability to identify issues, create/source solutions and make decisions.
- Ability to inspire the kitchen team to deliver high quality food whilst ensuring the team lives up to the Head Chef’s expectation.
In return, we offer a competitive salary and rewards structure, generous company benefits as well as industry leading training and career development opportunities
30% off of food & cinema tickets in all of our venues across Scotland.
Continued development through our online learning portal and masterclasses in venues.
Access to courses including Diageo Business of Bars and Modern Apprenticeships.
TRONC electronic tips – Our staff keep 100% of tips earned in venues.
If you think this is the role for you then apply now and a member of the Forgan’s team will be in touch.