G1 Group Plc is unquestionably the most dynamic and forward thinking Leisure & Hospitality group in Scotland. We are currently looking to hire a Financial Accountant for a Fixed Term Maternity Cover Contract with a minimum term of 15 months.
The role of Financial Accountant is to assist the Financial Reporting Manager in ensuring the integrity of the group’s financial records, with day to day responsibility for ensuring the accuracy of inter-co balances, legal entity accuracy and the accurate separation of banking transactions amongst the different obligor groups. In addition, the role will help assist in the year-end process and liaise with the auditors/tax advisors to ensure that their requirements are met.
Key tasks and responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Assist the Financial Reporting Team with the internal & external (monthly/quarterly and annual) reporting requirements
- Assist in meeting external reporting requirements (banks/auditors/tax advisors/HMRC), including compliance with current accounting standards
- Assisting with the development and implementation of company treasury policy, including production of monthly obligor pack and cashflow forecasts
- Preparation of monthly balance sheet reconciliations
- Ensuring compliance with established accounting policies, including UKGAAP/FRS
- Assist with the preparation for the annual year-end audit and liaise with auditors/tax advisors during the audit process
- Support the Head of Financial Reporting with the management of the operational finance teams (banking/purchase ledger/credit control). Including review of monthly balance sheet reconciliations.
- Assisting operational finance team to ensure that accounting records are maintained in accordance with group accounting policies.
- Work with the wider business by advising on technical and commercial accounting matters
- Other ad hoc work as may be required by the Financial Reporting Manager from time-to-time
Skills & Experience:
Fully Qualified Accountant with a recognised accounting body. Preferably with equivelant experience in industry although not essential. Management experience of a small team is beneficial.
The postholder must be an advanced excel user, capable of developing and maintaining relatively complex data handling routines and models.
Knowledge of standard accounting practices and previous experience of year end procedures including the production of financial statements. Experience of Sun accounting software would be desirable but not a pre-requisite as would experience using ledger query tools such as Q & A XL. The role requires an organised, numerate and accurate individual with good financial awareness, interpersonal and IT skills.
The individual must develop and demonstrate an understanding of the business and provide an excellent service from finance to help the business achieve its financial targets.
This role has a competitive salary range of £33-35k DOE for the right candidate and additional corporate benefits and discounts. Please note this role will be based in our head office in Glasgow’s West End.
Please Apply Now if you have the skills & experience necessary to be successful in our maternity cover role of Financial Accountant.