G1 Group have a fantastic opportunity available for a Finance Manager - Banking & Treasury to join their team at Head Office.
G1 Group is a collection of over 50 venues. Lots of our venues are housed in grade A & B listed buildings, carefully restored, expanded, refreshed and put to good use. We have restaurants, hotels, nightclubs, bars, cinemas, casinos and more.
One thing all our places have in common is our people- they work hard, often behind the scenes, and they are the best at what they do.
The role of Finance Manager - Banking & Treasury is to provide a comprehensive banking administration service to the G1 Group to ensure that all bank transactions for the Group bank accounts are reconciled and posted within set timescales and that all associated control accounts are reconciled weekly and any discrepancies are highlighted, investigated and reported in a timely manner.
- Key responsibility across the business to ensure that all transactions of a monetary nature within the group are controlled and accounted for in the correct manner.
- Ensure timely & accurate reporting on all bank transactions. Ensure posted accurately & timeously to the Sun Ledger by the banking team. Liaise with appropriate credit control and purchase ledger teams to ensure accuracy/rectify any issues.
- Reconciliation of all bank accounts monthly and allocation and reconciliation of all assigned control accounts (including but not restricted to petty cash/ATM/Deposits/Gift Vouchers/Advance tickets/Cash floats)
- Weekly processing of bacs and direct debit runs via Epay. Including any maintenance/admin on Epay/Sun to allow to do so. Processing of ad hoc payment requests as required
- Dealing with customer/unit queries and issues with regards to Elavon, Micros, Opera, Vista & Neon.
- Responsible for dealing with banking issues, dealing with multiple banks and maintaining relationships with relationship managers.
- Treasury management – including monitoring bank accounts, escalation of issues to financial reporting manager/CFO as required, applying for new accounts, account closures, etc
- To lead, mentor and develop the banking team so that maximum value can be provided to the business. To include regular 1-2-1’s & team meetings.
- Maintaining comprehensive process procedures and continual review of processed for improvements/increased efficiencies.
- Assist Financial Reporting Manager with other tasks as required.
This list cannot be exhaustive due to the varying needs of the organisation. Therefore, you may be required to carry out other duties depending on the needs of the business and your own skills and abilities.
Skills & Experience
- Ideally, educated to degree / HNC level but demonstrable experience may be sufficient.
- Three years’ experience in a finance environment, preferably in a Banking & Treasury function.
- Working knowledge of a recognised large scale accounting system (eg Sun).
- Experience of dealing with various bankers.
- Ability to use Excel, Word, Outlook Express.
- Highly numerate team player with a meticulous and flexible approach.
- Good organisational skills and the ability to communicate at all levels.
- previous people management skills would be advantageous
In return for the above we offer fantastic working conditions, a competitive salary, company benefits and career progression opportunities.
If this Finance Manager - Banking & Treasury role sounds like the perfect opportunity for you please Apply Now and we will be in touch!