G1 Group is a collection of over 50 venues. Lots of our venues are housed in grade A & B listed buildings, carefully restored, expanded, refreshed and put to good use. We have restaurants, hotels, nightclubs, bars, cinemas, casinos and more.
We are currently on the lookout for a Finance Assistant to join our Sales Ledger/Credit Control team in our head office in Glasgow.
The purpose of this role will be to ensure that the Sales Ledger invoices are completed accurately and to stringent deadlines.
· Producing high volume of invoices from various legal entities timely and accurately
· Creating accounts for customers
· Dealing with invoice queries in an effective and timely manner
· Housekeeping of in-house database
· Ensuring good relations and communications with all members of the Finance team and responding politely and in a timely fashion to internal and external customers
· Allocating payments
· Process & generate reminder letters & monthly statements
· Credit Checking and highlighting any potential risks
· General ledger reconciliations
· Observing & complying with the credit policy and credit risks of our customers
· Excellent data entry skills – fast and accurate
· Good working knowledge of databases and Microsoft packages
· Exceptionally high standards with meticulous attention to detail
· Highly Organised and a ‘completer-finisher’, with good time management
· A flexible team player with the ability to work proactively
· Excellent communication skills (both written & verbal).
· A self-starter with a positive, enthusiastic ‘can do’ attitude and a down to earth approachable manner.
· A problem solver with the ability to assume responsibility and act on own initiative
· Customer focused
· Ability to work accurately in a busy, demanding environment, whilst adhering to stringent deadlines
· Ability to work in a structured, repetitive role requiring high levels of concentration and stamina
· Reliable, conscientious and dedicated
This is a junior / entry level position and will ideally suit someone with administration experience and an interest or past experience in a finance department.
Good knowledge of Microsoft Excel & Word essential. An understanding of systems such as SUN & Opera would be an advantage but not essential.
If you feel like this Finance Assistant role is what you have been looking for please do not hesitate in applying now!