This is a unique opportunity which ultimately requires a candidate with finance experience, great administration skills and fantastic communication skills.
As Finance Administrator your role will be to assist The Head of Financial Reporting & The Financial Reporting Manager – in all the reporting requirements of the financial reporting team including audit preparations, HMRC requirements, bank reporting and internal statutory reporting.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- To assist in the co-ordination agreed phased balance sheet reconciliations.
- To assist in the month end process, helping prepare journals for eg bank interest, deferred charges, legal entity fixes
- Preparation of monthly reporting for inclusion in reporting packs issued to Board level
- Assist in meeting external reporting requirements, including compliance with current accounting standards. Including the preparation of audit files & statutory accounts and providing auditors with required information as requested
- Preparation and submission of quarterly VAT returns.
- Preparation and submission of quarterly Machine Gaming Duty/Gaming Duty/Beer Duty returns.
- Preparation and submission of iXbrl tagged accounts to our external tax advisors
- Assist with the preparation of capex analysis / setting up new project codes/setting up new asset codes
- Assist with the budget and reforecast process
- Other administrative tasks including. but not prohibited to. setting up new asset codes/projects codes
- Work with the wider business on technical and commercial accounting matters.
- Other ad hoc work as may be required by the Financial Reporting Team
- This list cannot be exhaustive due to the varying needs of the organisation. Therefore, you may be required to carry out other duties depending on the needs of the business and your own skills and abilities.
Skills & Experience:
- The candidate would ideally possess a minimum of a HNC level qualification in a finance related subject or relevant financial work experience. Experience of Sun accounting software would be desirable but not a prerequisite as would experience using ledger query tools such as Q & A XL. Proficiency in Microsoft Office packages, particularly Excel, is essential.
- The candidate will be a team player who is able to apply their knowledge to the efficient processing of financial and administrative tasks, meeting deadlines where required. The role requires an organised, numerate and accurate individual with good financial awareness, interpersonal and IT skills who will be prepared to work additional hours at peak periods. An individual who is currently studying towards a recognised accounting qualification would be desirable but not essential.
This role provides a competitive salary and company benefits as well as the opportunity for future progression.