Duty Manager – Scotsman hotel
We are looking for an experienced and driven Duty Manager to join our team!
The Scotsman is a luxury hotel which retains many original features, including luxurious floor to ceiling wood panelled rooms, grandiose marble staircase and stained glass windows. Set across several floors, many of our character bedrooms offer truly unrivalled views of Edinburgh Castle, The Mound, Carlton Hill and The Princes Street Gardens.
As a Duty Manager, you will play an important role within the team. You have a confident, guest facing, engaging personality with a desire to exceed our guests expectations in every interaction. Experience in a hotel environment is highly desirable and a knowledge of OPERA reservations system would be an advantage. You will cover reception duties, events functions, carry out security walks of the building and liaise with the General Manager on a daily basis.
During the absence of senior management, you will be required to assume responsibility for specific shifts, therefore, you will be willing to accept this responsibility and not be averse to making decisions. You must be able to communicate at all levels, be effective when managing people, be dedicated and have strong commercial awareness.
If this sounds like the job for you then apply now!”
The ideal candidate will have:
- Previous experience in a guest facing customer service role in the hospitality sector
- The ability to work well independently and multi-task.
- Experience in a similar role or a keen interest in pursuing a hospitality career.
- The ability to work in a fast paced and high pressured environment.
- Availability to work shifts, including evenings and weekends as per business needs.
In return, we offer a competitive salary and rewards structure, generous company benefits as well as industry leading training and career development opportunities.
- 30% off of food & cinema tickets in all of our venues across Scotland.
- Continued development through our online learning portal and masterclasses in venues.
- Access to courses including Diageo Business of Bars and Modern Apprenticeships.
- TRONC electronic tips – Our staff keep 100% of tips earned in venues.
If you think this is the role for you then apply now and a member of The Scotsman team will be in touch.