Door Steward – Cabaret Voltaire – Edinburgh
The G1 Group is Scotland’s largest and most diverse hospitality group, with a collection of over 50 venues across Scotland including bars, restaurants, hotels and more.
We are looking for a talented and enthusiastic Door Steward to join the team here at Cabaret Voltaire.
Café Voltaire: an eclectic mix of fair trade coffee, contemporary cocktails and intimate live DJ sets from some of Edinburgh’s most up and coming talent. Our quirky and cosy café transforms into a candlelit cocktail lounge, with the perfect aura for your late night hangout.
Cabaret Voltaire: a subterranean institution of local arts and music lies in the heart of Edinburgh’s Old Town. Through legendary club nights, countless live shows and a variety of special events, we have turned these historical vaults into an underground haven of entertainment.
As part of the security team, your role will include:
- Monitoring and managing crowds and queues
- Dealing with conflict; restraining and escorting customers off of the premises if required
- Ensuring the safety of customers and staff at all times
The ideal candidate will have:
- A valid SIA Door Supervisor Badge and experience in a similar role
- Great communication and customer service skills with the ability to diffuse high tension situations
- Availability to work shifts, including late nights and weekends as per business needs
In return, we offer a competitive salary and rewards structure, generous company benefits as well as industry leading training and career development opportunities.
- 30% off of food & cinema tickets in all of our venues across Scotland.
- Continued development through our online learning portal and masterclasses in venues.
- Access to courses including Diageo Business of Bars and Modern Apprenticeships.
If you think this is the role for you then apply now and a member of the Cabaret Voltaire team will be in touch.