Deputy General Manager – The Social – Glasgow
The G1 Group is Scotland’s largest and most diverse hospitality group, with a collection of over 50 venues across Scotland including bars, restaurants, hotels and more.
We are looking for an experienced and talented Deputy General Manager to join our fantastic venue, The Social
The Social Glasgow is a Royal Exchange Square institution and is proud to sit nestled amongst a selection of great shops, cafes, bars & restaurants. During the day, you will find a relaxing hub away from the hustle and bustle of Buchanan Street, where you can enjoy a wide selection of great quality food. At night, the square is transformed into a bustling location for people out to have a good time and The Social is right there in the middle of it all. Their lights dim, the music fills the space with everything from soulful house to funk and chart, and the cocktails begin to stack on the bar.
As Deputy General Manager, your role will include:
- supporting sales growth
- controlling costs
- Ensuring consistently excellent customer service is delivered.
- Managing service standards and staff development.
- accountability for specific shifts and the full unit in the absence of senior management
The ideal candidate will have:
- Experience in a similar role.
- Great leadership skills and enjoy working as part of a team in a social environment.
- The ability to communicate at all levels
- A strong commercial awareness
- Availability to work shifts, including evenings and weekends as per business needs.
In return, we offer a competitive salary and rewards structure, generous company benefits as well as industry leading training and career development opportunities.
- 30% off of food & cinema tickets in all of our venues across Scotland.
- Continued development through our online learning portal and masterclasses in venues.
- Access to courses including Diageo Business of Bars and Modern Apprenticeships.
- TRONC electronic tips – Our staff keep 100% of tips earned in venues.
If you think the Deputy General Manager position is the role for you then apply now and a member of The Social team will be in touch.