The G1 Group is Scotland’s largest and most diverse hospitality group, with a collection of over 50 venues across Scotland including bars, restaurants, hotels and more.
We are looking for an experienced and talented Deputy General Manager to join our prestigious Scotsman Hotel.
The Scotsman of today is a luxury hotel which retains many original features, including luxurious floor to ceiling wood panelled rooms, grandiose marble staircase and stained-glass windows.
Set across several floors, many of our character bedrooms offer truly unrivalled views of Edinburgh Castle, The Mound, Carlton Hill and The Princes Street Gardens. If you are looking for a host venue for a truly standout event, we have a range of tastefully furnished and finished rooms and suites.
Although our hotel is steeped in history and known for its classically luxury feel, we reflect the dynamic and forward-thinking city in which we operate, so you can expect an extensive list of offbeat signature amenities, such as our wee nip of Whisky on arrival to perk you up, specially selected White Company toiletries, personally chosen reading recommendations, a lazy breakfast in bed (just say the word) and a whole lot more.
As Deputy General Manager, your role will involve:
- Reporting to the General Manager and working closely with all departments in ensuring guests total satisfaction.
- To assist in all departments of the hotel as required, with particular focus on Front of House operations.
- Looking to enhance the guest stay at all times and proactively suggest new and innovative ideas to help do this.
- To deal with customer complaints correctly and as efficiently as possible when required
- Attending daily meetings and driving awareness in the business of requirement.
- Controlling the allocation of guest bedrooms.
- Supporting the Front Office Team enabling them to meet all guest requirements effectively.
- Deputising for the General Manager as required and being responsible for the running of the hotel in their absence.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Experience in a similar role.
- Great leadership skills and enjoy working as part of a team in a social environment.
- Availability to work shifts, including evenings and weekends as per business needs.
In return, we offer a competitive salary and rewards structure, generous company benefits as well as industry leading training and career development opportunities
- 30% off of food & cinema tickets in all of our venues across Scotland.
- Continued development through our online learning portal and masterclasses in venues.
- Access to courses including Diageo Business of Bars and Modern Apprenticeships.
- TRONC electronic tips – Our staff keep 100% of tips earned in venues.
If you think this is the Deputy General Manager role for you then apply now and a member of The Scotsman team will be in touch.