Deputy General Manager - The Golf Tavern.
We are looking for an experienced and talented Deputy General Manager to join our fantastic venue, The Golf Tavern.
The Golf Tavern is a historic venue nestled in the heart of the Scottish capital. Situated on the Bruntsfield Links and with breath-taking views of Arthur's Seat and the Crags you'd be forgiven for forgetting you're in the heart of a major city.
This ancient watering hole caters the best in Scottish pub grub with a hearty selection of dishes on offer. Always mindful of our roots we show all major sporting events, as well as hosting a few of our own on the Bruntsfield Links Short Hole Golf Course right on our door step!
Friend of local and visitor alike The Golf Tavern offers a great selection of everything Scottish and for those willing to brave the fresh air, easy access to our national game.
As Deputy General Manager, your role will include:
- Supporting the General Manager in driving sales growth and controlling costs to achieve budget.
- Managing service standards and staff development to ensure consistently high levels are maintained.
- Ensure compliance by the team with licensing law and company best practice policies.
- Absolute accountability for the venue in the absence of the General Manager.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Confidence in their ideas and the ability to deliver SMART results.
- Experience in a similar role with a strong commercial awareness.
- Great leadership skills and enjoy working as part of a team in a social environment.
- The ability to positively communicate at all levels.
- Availability to work shifts, including evenings and weekends as per business needs.
In return, we offer a competitive rate of pay, negotiable based on experience. Rewards & bonus structure, generous company benefits, industry leading training and career development opportunities are also available.
- 30% off food & cinema tickets in all of our venues across Scotland.
- Continued development through our online learning portal and masterclasses in venues.
- Access to courses including Diageo Business of Bars and Modern Apprenticeships.
- TRONC electronic tips – Our staff keep 100% of tips earned in venues.
If you think this is the role for you then apply now and a member of The Golf Tavern team will be in touch.