Deputy General Manager – Ghillie Dhu
Ghillie Dhu is a stunning Scottish bar in Edinburgh offering a traditional Scottish experience, with weekly ceilidhs and hearty Scottish food & drink. Our Auditorium is one of the most impressive function spaces in the city and is one our biggest selling points.
We are looking for a Deputy General Manager to join our Ghillie Dhu family.
The ideal candidate will have relevant experience working in a fast paced restaurant or hospitality environment, as you’ll need to work quickly and efficiently whilst meeting our high standards of presentation and attention to detail. You’ll need to be a team player, on the ball and enjoy a vibrant and friendly working atmosphere.
As Deputy General Manager, your role will include:
- supporting sales growth
- controlling costs
- Ensuring consistently excellent customer service is delivered.
- Managing service standards and staff development.
- accountability for specific shifts and the full unit in the absence of senior management
The ideal candidate will have:
- Experience in a similar role.
- Great leadership skills and enjoy working as part of a team in a social environment.
- The ability to communicate at all levels
- A strong commercial awareness
- Availability to work shifts, including evenings and weekends as per business needs.
In return, we offer a competitive salary and rewards structure, generous company benefits as well as industry leading training and career development opportunities.
- 30% off of food & cinema tickets in all of our venues across Scotland.
- Continued development through our online learning portal and masterclasses in venues.
- Access to courses including Diageo Business of Bars and Modern Apprenticeships.
- TRONC electronic tips – Our staff keep 100% of tips earned in venues.
If you are a manager who is friendly and approachable, and is dedicated to providing the high standards of service expected of this well-known establishment, then apply now and a member of the Ghillie Dhu team will be in touch.