Credit Controller - Working as part of a team, providing a comprehensive, accurate and timely accounting service
- To familiarise self with all credit control, accounting, quality and other relevant company procedures.
- Ensure customers pay within their agreed payment terms, chasing payments, as per the company’s debt collection procedure on several ledgers for a diverse company.
- Effectively dealing with customer account queries / complaints, including liaising with other departments, to ensure they are brought to a satisfactory conclusion. To ensure all customer queries are logged and recorded on to the Supporting Management system
- Dealing with new accounts; · Ensuring satisfactory credit references are obtained · Setting up the account details & communication to all relevant parties · Establishing an agreed credit limit with the Credit Manager / Finance Director · Amending accounts details / addresses etc., as required. Excellence Inspiration Integrity Growth
- Ensuring monthly statements are prepared, printed, vetted and ready for posting each month.
- To inform the Credit Manager of all important developments / problems and report on status of Customer accounts on a regular basis.
- Display a confident and assertive manner at all times when dealing with internal and external customers. Promote an efficient and professional image at all times demonstrated by the highest possible standards of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Continuous review of all administrative procedures, paperwork, etc. in your area and the suggestion of proposals for improvement.
- All other reasonable administrative duties related to the credit control function, including filing and archiving.
Skills & Experience
- Proven experience of working in a fast paced Credit Control Environment preferably having experience of collections from both corporate businesses and sole traders.
- High level of customer service experience
- Results Driven
- Quality & Efficiency Lead
- Good Organisational Awareness
- Confident, Open & Honest Communicator
- Ownership Level
- Team player