G1 Group is a collection of over 50 venues. Lots of our venues are housed in grade A & B listed buildings, carefully restored, expanded, refreshed and put to good use. We have restaurants, hotels, nightclubs, bars, cinemas, casinos and more all across Scotland.
We are currently on the lookout for a Commercial and Projects Manager to come and join us in our head office in the west end of Glasgow.
As the Manager of the Commercial Team you will be responsible for the day to day management of the two Commercial Officers and their workload as well as leading the procurement/tender processes for the business. This role will also be responsible for project work for the Commercial Finance Team.
- This is a highly commercial role in a growing business and will require a strong communicator looking to make a difference on a day to day basis.
- Manage the workload of the Commercial Team, who are responsible for monitoring supplier contracts and performance as well as liaising with units for equipment/ad hoc purchases.
- Ensure adequate controls and checks are in place to monitor supplier compliance.
- Be the escalation point for any issues that the Commercial Officers have with both suppliers and the operations teams.
- Line management of the Commercial Officers.
- Take the lead on the procurement process for the business.
- Create the tender calendar for the business with the guidance of the Head of Commercial Finance, the Operations Team and the Board.
- Co-ordinate the end to end process for each tender from initial invitations to suppliers to the signing of the supplier contracts.
- Carry out the initial cost analysis for the supply and analyse the submitted supplier information to rank the suppliers on a cost basis.
- Liaise with the Head of Commercial Finance and the relevant supplier contact within the business to obtain Board sign off on the supply.
- Liaise with Department Heads to establish what supplies are still required to be included in the tender process. Plan these new tenders into the tender calendar.
- Carry out Project work for the Commercial Finance team.
- Work closely with the Head of Commercial Finance to move forward the project plan for the team.
- Liaise with relevant people within the business to establish new processes, policies or reports which will support the business, with the guidance of the Head of Commercial Finance.
As a confident and personable individual, you will already have experience of working in a professional environment. You will show willingness to learn and be able to adapt your approach to meet the changing demands of the business.
Skills & Experience
- Fully qualified ICAS/ACCA/CIMA candidate - ideally less than 2 years qualified from a Professional Practice background.
- Proven experience of managing and prioritizing a varied workload
- Financial Modelling and Analysis skills – Proficient in Excel
- Excellent communication skills and able to communicate finance/numerical information to non-finance employees
- Proactive individual who is eager to learn about the commercial aspects of the business and develop their skill set
The successful candidate will be enthusiastic with excellent communication and organizational skills. In return, we offer a competitive salary, an interesting and varied role, and excellent working conditions.
In return, we offer an interesting and varied role, a competitive salary, excellent working conditions and company benefits.
Please Apply Now if you have the skills & experience necessary to be successful in our Commercial and Projects Manager role.