Forgan’s in St Andrews is part of The G1 Group - Scotland’s largest and most diverse hospitality group, with a collection of over 50 venues across Scotland including bars, restaurants, hotels and more.
We are looking for an experienced and talented Chef de Partie to join our fantastic venue, Forgan’s.
Located in the heart of St Andrews, Forgan’s is a modern restaurant with a traditional Scottish heart. The Forgan’s team are passionate about providing tasty seasonal food, a tipple or two from their vast Scottish gin collection and throwing the best ceilidhs in the area
At the heart of all we do we must put our customers’ needs first.
To be an integral part of the kitchen team that will deliver exceptional standards of food and customer service. Ensuring that all legislative and compliance guidelines are fully adhered to.
- To be able to cook to a high standard and to follow all specifications set out by the Company whilst following all HACCP procedures.
- To form an integral part of a highly motivated kitchen team
- Ability to set excellent food and hygiene standards within the team
- Follow instructions from senior members of the team to ensure competent running of any section
- Maintain excellent hygiene standards that are set out by the company
- Assist in the accurate completion of Kitchen Cooksafe and ensure it is completed for your area of responsibility
- Clean down the section ensuring everything is placed in appropriate containers, covered properly, labelled and stored correctly
- Maintain high a standard of cleaning when finishing at any section
- Ensure all equipment in the section is pulled out and cleaned according to Company policies and procedures.
- Assisting other staff with the clean down at the end of the night and only leaving the kitchen when the whole team has finished and hygiene standards have been met
- Ensure any complaints or accidents are reported in line with Company Policy.
Skills & Experience
- Basic food hygiene
- NVQ in Professional Cookery and Food Preparation is desirable
- Previous Chef De Partie or Commis experience is preferred of similar sized concepts.
- Understanding of all HACCP, COSHH and Health and Safety in the workplace.
- Ability to follow and cook to a specification.
- Ability to identify issues, create/source solutions and make decisions.
In return, we offer a competitive salary and rewards structure, generous company benefits as well as industry leading training and career development opportunities
30% off of food & cinema tickets in all of our venues across Scotland.
Continued development through our online learning portal and masterclasses in venues.
Access to courses including Diageo Business of Bars and Modern Apprenticeships.
TRONC electronic tips – Our staff keep 100% of tips earned in venues.
If you think this is the role for you then apply now and a member of the Forgan’s team will be in touch.
EU Settlement Scheme- We will provide support and guidance with the application process for all relevant EU Citizens