About Us - G1 Group is a collection of over 50 venues. Lots of our venues are housed in grade A & B listed buildings, carefully restored, expanded, refreshed and put to good use. We have restaurants, hotels, nightclubs, bars, cinemas, casinos and more. One thing all our places have in common is our people- they work hard, often behind the scenes, and they are the best at what they do. They are a wildly eclectic bunch, from the architect who makes the drawings come to life, to the domestic staff who make our hotel rooms feel like home. We are always growing and on the lookout for fresh talent, so if you've got it, bring it. What we stand for Our values aren't rules or guidelines the people who work for us need to stick to, they are the catalyst for an unwritten work ethic. The values never change, so no matter where you work or what you do, pin these up in your head and glance at them often!
· To be able to cook to a high standard and to follow all specifications set out by the Company whilst following all HACCP procedures.
· To form an integral part of a highly motivated kitchen team.
· Ability to set excellent food and hygiene standards within the team.
· Follow instructions from senior members of the team to ensure competent running of any section. · Maintain excellent hygiene standards that are set out by the company.
· Assist in the accurate completion of Kitchen Cooksafe and ensure it is completed for your area of responsibility.
· Clean down the section ensuring everything is placed in appropriate containers, covered properly, labelled and stored correctly.
· Maintain high a standard of cleaning when finishing at any section.
· Ensure all equipment in the section is pulled out and cleaned according to Company policies and 2 procedures.
· Assisting other staff with the clean down at the end of the night and only leaving the kitchen when the whole team has finished and hygiene standards have been met.
· Ensure any complaints or accidents are reported in line with Company Policy. Skills & Experience
· Basic food hygiene.
· NVQ in Professional Cookery and Food Preparation is desirable.
· Previous Chef De Partie or Commis experience is preferred of similar sized concepts.
· Understanding of all HACCP, COSHH and Health and Safety in the workplace.
· Ability to follow and cook to a specification.
· Ability to identify issues, create/source solutions and make decisions.