The G1 Group is Scotland’s largest and most diverse hospitality group, with a collection of over 50 venues across Scotland including bars, restaurants, hotels and more.
The Murrayfield Hotel and House is located in Edinburgh City Centre with ample, free parking and is the perfect destination for business, leisure or family occasions. The Murrayfield Hotel combines fantastic hospitality, outstanding value for money and serves as a perfect base from which to explore the historical Edinburgh City Centre. Located just a couple of minutes away from Edinburgh Zoo’s (and its giant pandas), the national Murrayfield Stadium which frequently plays host to major live sporting events, as well as music concerts and Haymarket Train Station.
We are looking for an experienced and driven Bar Manager to join our team!
As a Bar Manager, you will play an important role within the team. You have a confident, guest facing, engaging personality with a desire to exceed our guests expectations in every interaction. Experience in a hotel environment is highly desirable. You will cover events, functions, bar & restaurant, carry out security walks of the building and liaise with the General Manager on a daily basis.
During the absence of senior management, you will be required to assume responsibility for specific shifts, therefore, you will be willing to accept this responsibility and not be averse to making decisions. You must be able to communicate at all levels, be effective when managing people, be dedicated and have strong commercial awareness.
As a Bar Manager, your role will include:
• Managing the daily bar operations.
• Ensuring that the operation runs efficiently.
• Managing all service standards and staff development.
• Managing and ordering stock.
• Full responsibility for Bars and Cellar.
The ideal candidate will have:
• Minimum 2 years of experience in a similar role.
• A good understanding of liquor stock management, yield, margins and gross profit.
• Great leadership skills and enjoy working as part of a team in a social environment.
• Availability to work shifts, including evenings, nights and weekends as per business needs.
In return, we offer a competitive salary and rewards structure, generous company benefits as well as industry leading training and career development opportunities.
• Quarterly Bonus Scheme.
• 30% off of food & cinema tickets in all of our venues across Scotland.
• Continued development through our online learning portal and masterclasses in venues.
• Access to courses including Diageo Business of Bars and Modern Apprenticeships.
• TRONC electronic tips – Our staff keep 100% of tips earned in venues.
If you think this is the role for you then apply now and a member of the team will be in touch.