G1 Group Plc is unquestionably the most dynamic and forward thinking Leisure & Hospitality group in Scotland. We are currently looking to hire an Assistant Financial Accountant for a 12 month Fixed Term Maternity Cover Contract.
The role of Assistant Financial Accountant is to assist in all reporting requirements of the financial reporting team including audit preparations, HMRC requirements, bank reporting and internal statutory reporting.
Key tasks and responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Assist in the co-ordination & review of agreed phased balance sheet reconciliations.
- Assist in the month end process, helping prepare journals for eg bank interest, deferred charges.
- Assist in meeting external reporting requirements, including compliance with current accounting standards. Including the preparation of audit files and providing auditors with required information as requested
- Preparation and submission of quarterly VAT & MGD returns.
- Preparation and submission of iXbrl tagged accounts to our external tax advisors.
- Preparation of internal reporting packs & reports at month end.
Skills & Experience:
The postholder must be an advanced excel user, capable of developing and maintaining relatively complex data handling routines and models. Experience of Sun accounting software would be desirable but not a pre-requisite as would experience using ledger query tools such as Q & A XL.
The role requires an organised, numerate and accurate individual with good financial awareness, interpersonal and IT skills and be prepared to work additional hours at peak periods. An individual who is currently studying towards a recognised accounting qualification would be desirable but not essential.
This role has a competitive salary for the right candidate and a whole host of other corporate benefits and discounts. Please note this role will be based in our head office in Glasgow’s West End.
Please Apply Now if you have the skills & experience necessary to be successful in our role of Assistant Financial Accountant.