Application Support Manager
G1 Group are recruiting for a talented and experienced Application Support Manager to join our fantastic team based in our Head Office in the West End of Glasgow.
Reporting to the Head of IT you will be responsible for maintaining and developing the Business Systems and Applications of the group to ensure that it supports the business strategy and objectives.
As an Application Support Manager, your key duties and responsibilities will include:
- Supporting the IT function of the group in order to deliver a secure and stable IT infrastructure
- Provide on-call support 24hr, mon – sun. Shared cover with other IT members on a 7-day block
- Support the development of the annual systems improvement plan for the Group
- Manage relationships with all G1 staff and subsidiaries who contact IT for assistance
- Work with other stakeholders within the group to ensure they have the relevant understanding of the group Business Systems and Applications infrastructure for their role
- Provide first and second line technical support to all users
- Support Business Systems and Applications improvement projects
- Ensure any Business Systems and Applications sourced for use within the group are fit for purpose, have the relevant support infrastructure surrounding them, and are effectively managed to ensure they continue to meet the requirements of the buiness.
- Ensure all hardware and software used within the group is fully licensed and compliant
- Ensure that data protection requirements and procedures are adhered to
- Maintain technical knowledge required for the role, through a combination of self-learning and attending form technical updates.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Good communication skills
- Ability to follow direction and tasks
- A responsible attitude
- Demonstrable appetite for working as part of a team
- Commitment to owning your role
- Driving license (travel will be required)
Technical Skills Preferred
- Windows server 2008-2019
- Windows 10 Desktop
- Microsoft O365
- Microsoft Teams
- Networking fundamentals (TCP/IP, VLANs, DHCP,DNS, etc)
- VMWare virtualised environments
- EPOS Systems
- Cisco Meraki
- Classic Cisco
- Backup solutions such as Commvault or Veeam
- Hosted VOIP
If you the relevant experience for the role of Application Support Manager then apply now and a member of the recruitment team will be in touch.